It’s that time of year—everywhere we go, people are coughing, sniffling, and stuffing their pockets with tissues. We are handwashing constantly in this house and it can be really harsh on our skin.
Throw away your toxic hand soaps and make this super easy, moisturizing and healthy-for-you hand soap. Your skin will thank you.
In a foaming soap pump bottle:
- fill about 1/4 full with unscented Castile soap (Amazon or any grocery store, in the health food aisle)
- add about a tsp of vitamin E oil (Amazon)
- add 10-15 drops of your favorite skin loving essential oils (this time of year, we love to use 10 drops of Christmas spirit and 5 drops of citrus fresh)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water
You can re-create your favorite hand soaps with much safer ingredients and it takes less time (and much less money) than it does to whip out your phone and order it from Amazon.
Other great hand soap oil combos (in drops):
- 10 Lavender, 5 Rosemary
- 5 Thieves, 10 Lemon
- 8 Eucalyptus globulous, 4 lemon, 4 lime
- 8 Basil, 4 Lavender, 4 Grapefruit
- 5 Sacred Mountain, 10 Grapefruit
- 5 Valor, 10 Lemon