When Deacon was a baby, he was a terrible sleeper (in hindsight, we were new parents who had no idea how to help baby sleep through the night, so maybe that was it!). I was a new mom, sleep-deprived and desperate for help. A friend of mine told me about essential oils. I was a HUGE skeptic because I had this idea in my head that Young Living was just like how I viewed all those other marketing companies—companies that sell an overpriced, cheap product so they could afford to pay their sales reps, teach reps to spam their friends, cold message/call people and harass them to host parties. Though I understood not EVERY sales rep was like this, that had been mostly my experience and I just didn’t want to be involved.
I was so desperate to sleep though, that I used the oils despite that skepticism. I kind of assumed they were a placebo, but I was encouraged by the thought that they just might work. Well, I swallowed my pride and gave them a real shot. I used them, they worked, I kept trying them in different ways.
(1 year later…)
I can’t believe I lived for so long without using essential oils. I know!!! I changed my tune really fast. We can literally use them for almost everything–cleaning, skincare, first aid, sleep, emotions, immune system support, diffusing them in our home rather than candles (I loved candles, but a diffuser is so much safer)–and I’m still finding new uses everyday. I find myself making hand soap, linen sprays, and sleep mixes for my friends with kids who struggle with sleep. I never imagined I could use oils for so many different purposes and that it would be as easy as it is–especially while working and raising three young kids. And boy was I wrong about how the business side worked.
I decided to share these oils with others–to help other moms (and dads!), other skeptics, other families learn how to make a conscious effort to remove toxins and incorporate essential oils, and to make small steps to change the stereotype of people in network marketing.
Essential Oils are a huge part of our life, they are a total game-changer for us, and I wanted to share with you why & how we use them in our home.
Here is a quick sample of a day in the life of oils:
- Wake up and get dressed. Come downstairs and diffuse the White Angelica blend with orange oil to get the good vibes going in the morning.
- Deacon is already awake–he’s our early bird. Graham and Lyle get up, brush their teeth with the YL Toothpaste and come downstairs.
- Breakfast + Mighty Vites (vitamins) + MightyPro (probiotic) by YL.
- Roll our immune system support oil (Thieves) up the kids’ spines before school. Also, a drop of thieves vitality oil in my tea.
- Preschool & elementary school drop off–I come home with Lyle, clean up breakfast and wipe down the counters with my homemade cleaning spray that I make with Thieves and lemon.
- Diffuse motivation blend with bergamot and get to work.
- Pick up kids, wash hands with Thieves hand soap.
- Diffuse Frankincense + Peace and Calming to calm my crazy boys down as they come barreling in from school.
- Playtime. Run. Wrestle. Forts. Wrestle. Hockey. Wrestle. Did I mention we have three boys?! There’s LOTS of wrestling!!
- Bath with the Kidscents body wash + shampoo. Moisturize them up with Kidscents lotion.
- More Thieves on their spines, sleep blend on the bottoms of their feet (Dream Catcher + Lavender).
- Diffuse Sleepyize or Cedarwood in all of their rooms for long hours of peaceful sleep.
- Come down and hang with Josh, diffuse Peace + Calming while we watch TV and clean up dinner.
- Wash my face with YL face wash, homemade toner with Ylang Ylang and lemon oils, homemade serum with royal Hawaiian sandalwood and YL moisturizer.
- I make an under eye roller that I use before bed–frankincense, lavender, and lemon–and leave on overnight.
- Go to bed, with lavender and frankincense in the diffuser.
There are SOOO many uses—you’ll find yourself replacing lots and lots of household items and personal items with homemade, clean, and natural ones. I love knowing I’m doing everything I can for my family, making a conscious effort to stay well, and that we are a clean house now (well not fully, but a lot cleaner than we were)!
Lastly, if you want to start a little side business for yourself, it’s really fun and the sky is the limit with where you can go with it! I’m amazed at what it’s become for me. You don’t have to be an expert, you don’t have to hold inventory, you don’t have to do anything other than just share your experiences with oils and what Young Living has done for you. (hint: if you love YL products, you’re probably already telling people about it. Might as well get paid for that referral!)
If you’re looking to build an empire from your phone, we’ll show you the ropes and get you all of the resources you need to be successful. If that’s not for you, that’s cool, too!
Email me at email@example.com if you’re into it or you have questions.